Saturday, November 22, 2008

What a day!!!

I'm ready for a nap too! It's been a very full, but fun day. Being that I was 2000 miles over needing an oil change, we did that first. While the oil was being changed I watched K play with the train inside. We weren't there very long when a gentleman walked up to us and asked K if he wanted to see a bird that he had in his truck. K didn't know what to say being that it was a stranger and all. Lucky for me he didn't say anything until I said it would be OK. I picked up baby L and we followed the guy out to his truck. For the next 20 minutes or so we watched him handle a beautiful blue and yellow parrot. K didn't want to pet him on the head in fear of being bitten. So, he settled for touching his tail feather. As we parted ways, the guy gave K a tail feather that is almost as long as he is tall. (I'll post pics when M gets back with my camera). We weren't back in the lube shop very long when the car was ready. That was one of the quickest oil changes I've had done.

Next, we stopped at a friend's house to put together shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We were able to get 3 of them together from the extra toys we had from the shoe boxes we assembled at MOPS yesterday. Unfortunately, I had left my checkbook and money at home so I wasn't able to drop the shoe boxes off today.

Then, it was off to the first b-day party. It was fun. The cake was cute and the kids got to decorate tiaras and top hats. It was a really cute idea. We weren't able to stay for the cake or gifts because we had another b-day party to go to.

Off to the second b-day party. There the kids played capture the flag while the parents got to visit and relax a little. After about 30 minutes, the kids came in and made Christmas ornaments out of modeling clay. Another cute idea. We were able to stay for the opening of gifts and cake at this one. As the kids went back outside baby L started getting tired so we packed up and headed for home.

About 3 minutes from the house, K fell asleep and both kids are taking a nap now. I think I'll go do the same.

No comments: