Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mommmmaaaaa

After I finished reading K's choice read, Katy No-Pocket, by flashlight tonight, I tucked him into bed, he said his prayers, and I turned off the lights. As I anxiously walked the hallway to the desk to sit down and catch up on e-mails and do a little reading, I heard, "Momma,.....Momma.......Mommmmaaaaaa." I couldn't help but smile. I didn't even get to sit down. I figured he would ask me to turn on a night light, since he had just asked me to close the door (completely). I was wrong. Just when I thought I had him figured out. No, he didn't want any lights on, he wanted to know if I "locked all the doors?" To which I replied, "yes" "OK. goodnight." and off he went to sweet slumber.

As soon as he KNEW he was safe and secure, he rolled over and went to sleep. Is that what is meant by childlike faith? How much easier would life be if I would just say OK, roll over, and let God take care of it.

Why is it so hard to just say OK when I know I am being called or pulled away from something?

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21)

Just as I do my best to protect my (HIS) children, I KNOW God is protecting me in all that I do.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

What a neat way to look at a child's simple question! I love how you related it to how our response should be to God!