Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time to Reevaluate

At the beginning of the "school year" I couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed by the things I had agreed to do. Although I felt slightly overwhelmed, I also felt peace because I knew God was in control. I never agreed to do anything without praying about it first. Once my heart was at peace, I agreed. Now, the pace as lessened and I feel as though I need to let a few things go. Oddly enough, it's not what I thought I would have been letting go either. I also wonder why I am pulled to let some of the activities go now that I actually have the time to do them all.

Why didn't I let them go when I didn't have the time? Was I being tested to see if I had truly let God take control? Whatever the reason was/is, I feel a peace about the things I am saying good-bye to and the things I am going to continue to do.

Many are the plans of a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21


My confirmation of one the activities I am going to continue to pursue came in the form of dreams. Not just one, but 2. I feel as though I was being reassured that I am on the right path. Although I have prayed about it (many times), it's the only thing I still have yet to completely surrender to God. I still try to get in the way and think it's something I am doing, sometimes forgetting He doesn't need me. I will know I have completely surrendered it to Him when I stop holding back and do more than I should and not the bare minimum.

good-bye BSF
good-bye story time at the library
(at least for now)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh Natasha, I totally understand having to let things go...

I've had to (willingly) put aside some things for a season. But remember, it is only a season that you say good bye to some things. Others, it is forever.

My "job" right now requires more of me than I have at times. And when I add other outside "stuff" to the mix, it makes it even harder. However, when I follow His leading and allow my first love of home and family to dictate the choices I make, it is so much more fluid and freeing.

We'll miss you at the library, but I know that if you are obeying Him by stepping back, it can only bring blessings!

Love to you and yours.