Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cabinet doors

I can't help but laugh at how things happen.

Last night I had some Moms over for a Mom's Night Out. We Watched Anita Renfroe, ate desserts, and got a chance to fellowship. It was a good time.

Now that everyone has left and all the visitors are gone, my husband and I are putting the cabinet doors up in the kitchen. How nice it would have been to have all my mismatched dishes and tupperware hidden and out of sight. In honesty, I really didn't mind that they were not hidden, but it's funny how just hours later, it looks like such a different kitchen.

Just as I invited the ladies over for fellowship, not to "check" out my house, I know they felt the same. They were coming over for a little time away. A little adult conversation and a chance to watch a Christian comedian in the solitude of other moms.

I have been blessed with friends that truly don't care about the condition of my house, but of my heart. Friends like that are hard to find. I think it's easier to find them if you first become the kind of friend you are looking for. How could I ever expect someone to come to my house and not judge me if I am judging them?

No comments: