Friday, November 21, 2008

Proverbs 21

As I read my daily Proverbs, I found a new favorite verse. I don't know how many times I have read this verse, but today it stands out and is speaking to me more than ever.

"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord." (Proverbs 21:31)

There is so much meaning to this verse that I don't even know where to start. It's comforting to know that no matter how much someone prepares for something (good or bad), the victory rests with the LORD and it's not determined in the immediate time frame we see. It is up to us to prepare for the battles, daily or long-term, but rest knowing that the ultimate victory is in the Lord's hands.

I can go over to a non-believers house with my Bible in tow and verses in mind and prepare to minister to them, but it's not up to me to save them. That responsibility is God's. I can only prepare for the battle of leading others to Christ. I can't decide their fate for them. How refreshing to know I play such an important role, yet am being led by the Lord.

Economical, political, personal, spiritual, relational. Am I properly preparing for the battles, yet allowing the victory to rest in the Lord's hands?

Who is leading your army?

No comments: