Monday, November 10, 2008

Prayers for Our Nation

Let it be known, I started praying for our country LONG before I even knew who was going to be on the tickets. So, to say I am praying for our country means just that. Just as I prayed for our current President, I will also pray for our President-Elect and his family before and after he takes office. The higher the level a person is in leadership, the more eyes are on them and the harder the fall is.

Our country's moral standards have been declining for quite some time. It has nothing to do with our economy, but with people's expectations. It seems the busier we get as a nation the less we expect of others and our children. Expectations tend to be inconvenient. We have become a nation of convenience.

In regards to the economy, I didn't know it was bad until someone told me. Yeah, I noticed gas prices went up. I noticed I got less food but spent more money at the grocery store. I noticed the prices of candy bars :-) went up, but it didn't really effect us too much. My husband and I decided to take control of our personal economy and not depend on the government or someone else a long time ago. We've been blessed. We've tried to share our blessings, at least how we obtained it, with others, but I was surprised at how few were actually interested in learning and educating themselves.

"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security" Ben Franklin

To be honest, I got kind of excited when someone told me we were in a recession. When Mike mentioned he wanted a house on the lake, I smiled. There's almost no better time to buy land or build a house than when there is a "recession" because prices are low.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Ben Franklin

No comments: