Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Healing from the Inside

WOW! It's been a while! OVER 3 years... that's a life time in the eyes of my child. Since then, there have been LOTS of challenges and BIG victories, some that I hope to share on here and some that will be saved for 1-1 conversations on an as needed basis. Nonetheless, I'm back for at least now. ;-)
My kids are now 9, 6 and 4 and will be 10, 7, and 5 in just a few short months. I'm back to journal our journey into eating clean and the lifestyle changes we are getting ready to embark on.
About 1.5 months ago, I went to a local Dr who specialized in homeopathic and he was amazing. He actually deactivated my allergies to pollen and trees. It was fabulous being able to breath again. I also discovered that I had a yeast build up in my system... often referred to as candida and my 4 year old although has no allergies is sensitive to milk. During very recent days I also found out that eczema can actually be caused by what is termed as "leaky gut" and can best be healed from the inside out... So starts our journey of healing from the inside out.
As we approach this new lifestyle, I am going to take it day by day so I won't get anymore overwhelmed than I already am over all of the changes that will happen.

Today is day 1:
I found a friend that makes her own Kambucha tea so when she gets back from Disney, we will start on that. For today, I made our own dairy free, gluten free ranch dressing. My youngest is SO excited because now he can eat ranch with ANYTHING!!! More like eat anything with ranch. That boy LOVES him some ranch dressing.

click here for the recipe.

No comments: