Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Kombucha

I have a friend that makes Kombucha tea and she walked me through it the other day and even offered me a scoby so I can start brewing my own. Before starting my own brewery she suggested I try GT's Kombucha tea from our local grocery store. We only have 1 grocery store (30 minutes from me) that carries it. Not even our health store has it. I definitely wanted to try it prior to going through the initial brewing because I have NO idea what it's supposed to taste like and I wasn't sure if I would even drink it despite it's great benefits. As you read from the previous posts, I am currently making my own Kefir and I can't seem to acquire a taste for it.
Anyway, my friend suggested getting lavender or ginger, but I settled for green tea because that's all they had. I'm not a fan of green tea so I honestly wasn't expecting to like it. Upon taking the first sip, it had a carbonation that I'm not used to since I don't drink sodas and it almost had a beer like taste. I don't like the smell of beer, much less the taste, but as I took more sips it grew on my taste buds and before I knew it I was ready to drink the entire 16 oz bottle. Fortunately, I was reading about the side effects of drinking Kombucha and was reminded to stop at a few ounces as my body adjusted to the probiotics.

No comments: