Saturday, December 6, 2014

It's a process

Day 2 & 3
 
In trying to heal from the inside, we found a healthy breakfast my youngest likes.... my husband's smoothies. It's not completely compliant with what I want him to have, it's a LOT better than the pancakes and syrup full of corn syrup he was getting.
This smoothie contains protein powder (which does contain milk) peanut butter, honey (needs to be replaced with local honey) and a banana. The only way he eats fruit is in smoothies. My youngest is was a milk drinking, chocolate eating kid. The change hasn't been as bad as I expected though because he can SEE and FEEL the changes. Now that he's no longer drinking milk, his nose isn't constantly running. When he does eat a lot of food with milk in it during the day, he coughs throughout the night. Changes... they don't have to be sudden. It's a process. Start slowly.
 
 
 
 
 
Dinner
I found a great recipe on pinterest that called for chicken, pizza sauce (we didn't have ingredients to make homemade) and cheese. I cooked the chicken in coconut oil, which in itself is healthy and healing, chopped it up, put in a 9 x 13 pan, covered it in pizza sauce (will use homemade next time) and then covered only 1/2 (the 1/2 my husband and oldest ate) with  and served with green beans.
Everyone enjoyed it and my youngest like it. It was a hit.

No comments: