Sunday, December 7, 2014

Bone Broth - Getting Started

Well... it's official. Our first batch of bone broth is in the crockpot simmering for another 21 hours. We ate the chicken last night and I put the bones and carcass in today after church because I forgot to do it before church. After letting the bones sit in water and 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar for an hour, I added carrots and celery. I would have added onions, but was out and didn't know it. :-/ There I go again being unprepared.... Well.. I'm heading to grocery store to buy onions. I figured 20 hours is better than none right????

We finished eating the leftover chicken meat last night and our 20 lb turkey my husband got from work should be thawed out enough tomorrow for me to cook it for the meat and more bones to make more broth. I want to make sure we have plenty so we never go without since it's suggested to drink bone broth with EVERY meal. Check out this site for more information about GAPS diet.

No comments: