Sunday, December 7, 2014

Plenty of Water

I've been an exclusive water drinking since I was in college. I stopped drinking sodas (except for Sprite) when I was 16, but eventually the carbonation started tasting bad and I gave Sprite up too. So, I've been caffeine free (in regards to drink) for almost 20 years. Although I LIVED on sweet sweet tea and sodas when I was younger I can't imagine my lifestyle any other way than with refreshing water. My body actually craves it. I don't have to have lemons or any flavoring. Water is good enough. Since last week I've been more diligent about how much I drink and have worked hard to increase my water intake. The hardest part for me was finding a cup that was big enough to hold enough for me for when I was out and about all day. I work from home, but I'm not home often so there are days when I'm gone from 7:45 AM until 9 PM... It's those days I have to be very diligent about preparing and making sure I have enough with me.
After breaking almost every tumbler that I have, I finally remembered this beauty that was GIVEN to me when I had my children. I got one at the birth of each child, but I must have left my last one at the hospital because I only have 2 now... but 2 is good since I can only drink out of one at time. It's great to have a back up when I wash one.

I'm up to 3 of these cups a day... That's 90 oz of water. Eight 8 oz glasses are recommended. I drink a full cup before I take my kids to school in the morning and before I leave I fill it back up to drink throughout the day. Then fill up again when I get home and have a 3rd before going to bed.

How is your water intake? If you're getting ready to change your lifestyle through diet and heal from the inside out, I would suggest first starting with replacing at least one drink a day with water and gradually work your way to replace it all. Not only is it better for you, but it will save you a LOT of $$$. Click here for other benefits to drinking water.

No comments: