Monday, December 1, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

K and I made ornaments for a Jesse Tree last year as a way to keep Christ in Christmas and learn the real meaning of the Christmas.

Since we made decorations for our Jesse Tree last year, I wasn't sure how I would be able to incorporate a hands on learning experience this year and still use the ornaments we had from last year. So, here's what I did. K and I made an Advent calendar from cardboard, styrofoam cups, and card stock. Each day, he gets to punch the day out to find the ornament he made from last year. Not only do we get to reuse the ornaments, retell the Bible verses, but he gets to tear something up while counting down to Jesus' birthday. It's perfect!

Since I didn't think to take a picture of all the ornaments before I hot glued them into the cups, I'll post a picture of each ornament they day we hang them . Here's the one for today:
DAY 1 - Creation - Verse(s): Genesis 1

No comments: