Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Old Friends and Good Memories

A friend of mine from my home town was diagnosed with testicular cancer in March. A few months later they found tumors on his brain. In Sept., the CT scan showed that the tumors were gone. He was expecting his last round of chemo treatment to be this month. On Sun., I got a text from his sister letting me know he had a stroke and had lost feeling in his left leg. Apparently, not only did the tumor in his head come back, but there were more. He had a stroke because the tumors had caused some blood vessels in his brain to bust. He's going to be in the hospital for therapy and radiation for 2 weeks.

I didn't tell anyone I was going, except for my husband and mother-in-law that drove over to watch the kids for me. Needless to say, he was surprised.

What a blessing! I'm so glad I drove the 5 hours one way. I was only able to stay for a few hours before I headed home, but we were able to catch up, make more memories, and be reminded of some old ones that I had forgotten about.


As I drove to see my friend, the encouraging verse of the day was:
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

He's in good spirits and I'm looking forward to seeing him walk down the aisle on his wedding day in Feb.

1 comment:

jillacarter said...

I'm so glad you got to see him! I didn't know about the stroke!