Thursday, December 11, 2008

It snowed!!!!


When K brought the phone to me at 6:00 this morning, the first thing I heard was not hello or good morning, but, "I'm not crazy! It's snowing!There's about a 2 inch accumulation on the ground." It was my best friend. I didn't say bye, but, "OK!" as I hung up the phone. I hit Mike to wake him up and threw back the covers like a kid on Christmas morning.

K and I ran to the door to look outside. I didn't tell him what we were doing or what we were looking for, but as soon as I opened the door, he knew exactly what he was looking at..... It had snowed in Louisiana. I shut the door and we quickly changed out of our pjs and into warmer clothes. K kept saying, "I'm going to drive in it!" Typical boy. Sure enough that's what he did. It's a good thing, M had put a little traction on the back tires...


As M and I watched K drive his jeep around the yard in the dark and on the snow, I couldn't help but ask M, "So, does this mean hell froze over?" In my 10 years in Louisiana, I have never seen it snow.



It snowed on baby L's first Christmas season. Too bad she's too young to remember.





















No comments: