Saturday, December 20, 2008

Answered Prayers

For some time, I've been wanting a big family of 4 or 5 kids. I wasn't sure if I would physically have them all or if I would adopt, but I put my faith in God's timing and circumstances and my prayers are being answered in a somewhat unexpected, but prepared for, way.

About 3 (or more) years ago, it was put on my heart for my sister's kids to come live with us. A few months ago, I told my sister that M and I had talked about it and if anything ever happened, that we would help her out in and would love for the girls to come stay with us, whether it be temporary or permanent. Well, I believe that day that has come.....

I won't go into the long story, but I will tell you of God's plans and how everything that happens is purposeful. I've been crying on the inside, and sometimes outside, for my sister and her family for quite some time. I've even gone to members of my church and asked them to pray for her and her family. At last, God knows we are ready to handle whatever he has in store for us and through Him, we will make it.


In talking to my mom and sister in the past couple of days, I think it's official. Our family of 4 will become a family of 6 very soon. When my mom and dad bring my nieces down for Christmas, the two older ones, ages 15 and 12, are going to stay and finish the year out in Louisiana. It is very possible they will stay longer, only God knows what really lies ahead.


*When M and I got married, we talked about having 2 and possibly adopting more.... although we aren't adopting, we are being granted guardianship
*I was hoping to have been pregnant with #3 already, but God had other plans....
*K has been telling me he wants 5 brothers and sisters .... (we're not there yet, but we are a lot closer now)
*I'm part of a homeschool association even though I don't have to register K with the state for another 3 years... I was being prepared for what lied ahead
*When we moved, we made sure we were able to have a 4th bedroom.... we do - we just finished painting it this weekend
*When I would hear of other homeschooler's trials, advice and scripture would sometimes be put on my heart to share with them even though I can honestly say I've never been in that situation... I guess it's something I needed for myself - not to be given out (I didn't know)
*M and I are blessed to be completely debt free allowing me to be able to stay home....which I never imagined I would do
*Although I am going to be an official "homeschooler" to 2 teenage girls, I have a total peace and calmness about it and what is ahead.... God is in control

Sunday, when I walked into church, I told one of my prayer warriors about M and I getting guardianship of 2 of the girls and when she hugged me, tears of joy filled my eyes. I am so excited about what is ahead for these girls and for myself. I know I can help them learn a lot, but I'm really excited about the things I'm about to learn....

No comments: