Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

What a weekend.... Actually, we are still celebrating Christmas activities with our family. For the first time in 9 years, M and I did not leave our house for Christmas. Instead, everyone came here. I, of course, was the first one awake and anxiously waited for K and his cousin to wake me up. I was so tempted to run to his (tent)side to wake him up, but he needs all the sleep he can get so I didn't. I stayed in bed until I heard Baby L crying out for me. It wasn't long after until K and his cousin woke up and ran to the stockings to see what "Santa" had brought them.
After everyone, including my mom and dad, discovered what Santa had brought them, I realized it was my turn. Let me say, Santa was very generous! It was one of the very few times I have ever been caught off guard and surprised!

After I ran to the bedroom to thank the ever so gracious "Santa" while he was sleeping (he'd just got home from work about one hour prior), we hung out and watched the kids play with their stocking stuffers until M woke up from his slumber.

It wasn't long thereafter that M walked into the living room and present opening began with my mom, dad, my 3 nieces, K, baby L, M and myself.

After the gifts were opened, we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus! Since I didn't have any eggs to make a cake with, I put a candle on a peanut butter bar and K got to blow out the candle. This was the first year we had done that and I think everyone enjoyed it and it emphasized what the day was really about. I had hoped to have done it first, before opening the gifts, but it didn't work out that way... maybe next year.

As the kids played with their new gifts, my mom and I began cooking. We finished around 11 a.m., not too long before M's parents, sister, her friend, and her daughter showed up. We all ate, exchanged gifts, and fellowshipped. It was a good time had by all.

This is the first year, we've been able to spend a holiday with both sets of parents. It was really nice. M and my parents are SO different, yet they seem to get a long so well. It was definitely a Christmas worth remembering.

Today, my brother and his kids arrived at our house and we were able to exchange gifts with them. It's been a fun filled evening. My brother's kids brought their new Wii with them. So, between the Wii, the racing games in the home theater, and the movies, we've had a very entertaining night. I am so ready for bed....

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and had a lot to be thankful for. Merry Christmas and God Bless!

1 comment:

jillacarter said...

Sounds like a great Christmas!