Saturday, October 4, 2008

Obedience

A few minutes ago, while I was taking a nap with K, I was awaken with the urge to read my Bible. For some reason, I waited. I didn't get up, thinking just a few more minutes. Then, Psalm 119:5 came to me. I immediately got out of bed and took out my Bible to read, "Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees!"

Wow! Talk about a slap in the face.

I sometimes wonder why K doesn't always obey me the first time I ask/tell him to do something. I now realize I'm asking him to do something I don't always do. Had I got out of bed with the first urge, I probably would have read something different, but instead I needed to be gently reminded to be steadfast in obeying His commands.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ouch.... N! God sure has a way of getting down to the nitty gritty with us, doesn't he!