Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Childhood Memories

I have SO many wonderful childhood memories, but I can't even tell you how excited I got in Wal-Mart today.

As I walked into Wal-Mart today to get groceries and a few Christmas presents, I saw something I hadn't seen in YEARS. Much to my delight, there was a crate of Franken Berry, Boo Berry, and Count Dracula cereal in the aisle. I got so excited that I know someone had to turn to see what was going on. I actually caught myself talking to myself in the most excited manner. You would have thought I was talking to my 3 yo (that wasn't with me).

I don't know why I got so excited. My excitement has nothing to do with the upcoming Halloween celebrations. We have yet to celebrate or honor Halloween in our house. I just remember loving Fraken Berry cereal as a kid, almost as much as I loved Smurf cereal. Does anyone remember Smurf cereal? I know I'm not crazy.

We didn't have a lot of money growing up. To be honest, I don't even know if I remember my mom ever buying it or not, but I do remember eating it and absolutely loving every second of it. Aside from eating it when I was a kid, the only other memory I really have of it was walking down the grocery store aisle asking my mom if she would buy some. I don't remember if she did or not, but it was so nice to be able to get some without asking anyone.

Yes, I did buy a box of Fraken Berry and Boo Berry. Although I haven't opened the Boo Berry yet, I enjoyed my bowl of Fraken Berry and strawberry milk almost as much as I did 20 years ago.

K likes both of them too! So much that his daddy let him eat 2, yes 2, bowls for lunch today (Thurs.) while I was gone.

1 comment:

jillacarter said...

MMMMM. I want cereal now!