Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm back!!!!

As you can see, I was MIA for a few days. It was greatly needed, but I can't seem to catch up.

I went to Louisville, KY on a business trip with a few friends. The ride was nice, especially since I didn't have to drive. It only took us 11 hours and 40 minutes to get there from Lafayette. We arrived in Louisville on Friday afternoon and I got home about 3:30 am yesterday. I went to bed as soon as M went to work (about 5 am) and slept until about 10 am.

I didn't sleep as long as I would have liked because I missed the kiddos too much. They were staying at my in-laws in TX and I had to go pick them up. This was my first trip w/out baby L and I have to say.... it wasn't too bad. I actually got a full night sleep the second night we were gone. The first night we were in the hotel, they tried to freeze me out so I didn't sleep too good. Actually, the temp would have been perfect if I would have been properly prepared with more blankets, but since I wasn't.... I almost froze. I survived though and that's what matters :-)

In regards to catching up, I told a friend of mine that is a new mom, that we would walk together when I got back. Unfortunately, we can't seem to find 30 mins anywhere. How is that possible that I don't even have 30 mins to take a walk around the neighborhood? I think we're going to be able to go tomorrow.... As soon as I do my Bible study, take the kids to story time, take a friend that's going through cancer a bottle of Mona*Vie, get groceries, and go to the post office. Oh yeah, I have to feed the kids and myself at some point. Then, I'm planning on going to church too.

Poor K hasn't been able to do much school work lately. We got about an hour in tonight. Of course, it was after 8 pm when we did it, but at least we did something. That's one of the great things about homeschooling, it can be done anytime. Nights are good for us, because then he doesn't have to miss playing outside during daylight hours.

You know... as much as I feel as though I can't catch up, it's not until I sit down at night or tell someone about my day that I feel or even notice the busyness of the day. I have a wonderful God that allows me to handle the day gracefully. Now... it's time for bed though - G'nite!

"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 41:31

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hey Natasha,
I just had to comment about not having 30 minutes to even take a walk...I completely understand! I try to fit in 30 mins. on my elliptical at least 3 times a week...and some weeks it just cannot happen. I, literally, cannot find 30 minutes of uninterrupted time to do it.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone!

Kimberly