Sunday, October 26, 2008

I GET THE MESSAGE!!!!


Last night before I went to bed, I decided I was going to set my alarm to wake up before the kids so I could MAKE sure I would be able to read my Bible in complete quietness. I set my alarm for 6 a.m. and went to bed. Baby L only woke up once (I think) at 3 am for a feeding. As I crawled back into bed at 3:38 am., I realized I only had 2.5 more hours to sleep. It didn't take me long to fall back asleep.


Right on schedule, my phone alarm rang at 6 am. I looked at the phone and pushed a button to silence it. A few minutes later it rang again. This time when I went to silence it, the screen was blank. There was no way to silence it or turn it off. OK, OK, OK, I get it!!!! I got out of bed, went in the living room, and did my Bible study. As soon as I was done, I went back to bed. Needless to say as soon as I laid down Baby L woke up unusually early.


Although there was a slight reluctance on my part, I'm so blessed that I finally got the message and got out of bed. I was able to make breakfast for the entire family, get myself and the kids ready, and make it to church early. To me, there really isn't anything better than starting the day off in the Word of God.

No comments: