Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Carry your Cross

I recieved an e-mail the other day about cross carrying. I really enjoyed being reminded that there is always someone else with a bigger cross to carry.

I called my husband, M, at work the other day to let him know I was about to go to the Dr. It had been 5 days since my tongue had started swelling. I had lost my ability to taste, I couldn't eat, and I was having a hard time swallowing. I had been on a liquid diet for 3 days. For those of you that know me, I love to eat realy food. I actually lost 3 pounds and can fit in my pre-baby L jeans again... Anyway, as we were talking, he asked me if I was going to take the kids. LOL!!! Of course, what else would I do with them? He then told me he would help, but he left work early to go to the Dr. too.
Well, we both ended up at the same Dr.'s office and waited in the same room together so it wasn't too bad. Seems we both have a viral infection. He had to get a shot in his hip while I was given on over the counter remedy. We're both feeling better now.

Although I long ago stopped feeling sorry for the problems I have, I couldn't help but wonder if there was anything else that could happen. It had been one of those weeks.


When I got home I had an e-mail telling me a friend of mine in her 30s is going into pre-op on Tues. Oct.14 to have a brain tumor removed. This young mom has 4 young kids. When I texted her to let her know I was praying for her, she immediately called me. You NEVER would have known she was carrying a heavy cross. The only thing she asked me to pray for was for her to not get a cold. ALL 4 of her kids have colds right now. Her getting a cold right now would only delay her surgery.

Luckily, her and her husband are able to stay home full time with their kids. They have homes in Michigan and Florida. She mentioned that they had been trying to decide where to spend time recently and this sealed the deal for them. The entire time we talked, she had such a wonderful attitude and really didn't want to talk about her trials or what she was going through.

Thank you Terri Brady for being a wonderful example of a strong and courageous woman!

We should carry the crosses we have trusting and knowing that God will allow us to use it to get to the other side.

"... we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, " Romans 5:3

No comments: