Friday, October 3, 2008

Caps for Sale

This is one of our favorite books. Caps for Sale by Esphry Slobodkina. You should hear a 3 yo try to say that name. I think the spelling is right. I've said it enough that I should know how to spell it, but the book is in K's room and he's sleeping right now.

It's about a peddler that walks through town trying to sell caps while balancing caps on his head. During his walk, he decides to take a break and rest near a tree. While he was sleeping, some monkeys in the tree took his caps and he had to figure out how to get them back.
We didn't do as much as we normally do, because of our crazy week, but I posted a few pics of K trying to balance caps on his head.


He's still wearing his p.j.s and his "crazy" socks from Awana's Crazy Sock Night.
K, coloring a booklet I found online. You could interchange the hats, faces, and shoulders to make different characters.
Only at home can you do school in your p.js. I love it!

No comments: