Monday, October 20, 2008

Home Made Fishing Pole

MandyMom over at http://www.preciousmind.blogspot.com/ wrote a blog about things made from everyday items around the house. I told her about the fishing pole and fish I made, but realized I had not posted a pic of it.


A couple of months ago K asked for a fishing pole. Well, we don't really go fishing, so I didn't see a need to buy him one so I made one out of a large stick and string. He got on his boat (our doormat) and proceeded to catch a few fish. I couldn't go outside unless I was on the boat b/c he didn't want the alligators to get me. I love imaginations!

Well, a few days later, he got more specific in his request. He asked for a fishing pole that rolled up. I had to think. Yet again, I did not feel like taking both kids and my money to the store to buy a fishing pole that would lose it's novelty fairly quickly. This is what I made.
I think it took longer to make than it would have to go to the store and buy it, but it was fun to make and it showed I still have a little bit of creativity. Even his 7 year old cousin, A, had a fun playing with it and it helped his eye-hand coordination.

No comments: