Friday, December 18, 2009

Yoga

Aside from walks around the neighborhood with the kids, after a long absence from "working out" consistently, I've decided to start doing Yoga. Yes, I know I'm pregnant, but why not start now and start preparing my body and mind so I won't have any excuses once the baby arrives. Upon my decision, I got online and did a search for Pregnancy Yoga. I wanted a video that I could use throughout my pregnancy and not just prior to being pregnant or post pregnancy. I found a few online and told M that I wanted a Pregnancy Yoga DVD, for Christmas. Needless to say, after reading reviews and doing a little research, I went ahead and ordered one. I was so ready for it to come in so I could start right after Christmas and before the New Year began. Much to my dismay, I got an e-mail letting me know it was on back order and would be shipped out when it came it, but I didn't get an ETA. Naturally, I finally decided to get myself in gear and there's a minor bump (no pun intended). So, I got online and was going to order another one from a different place when I thought to look on Netflix. They had it! With Netflix I can watch it on our computer for FREE... anytime! The only drawback is when the computer goes into sleep mode and I have to move the mouse around, but other than that, it's great!
Well, I decided this was going to be my day to start. I didn't want to wait, because I knew I would procrastinate longer. Although I didn't get to bed until after 1 a.m., I set my alarm for 6:30 a.m. in hopes of waking up an hour before the kids so I could be done before they woke up. Lucky for me, L decided to wake up at 5:30 a.m. for no apparent reason. I was able to comfort her and put her back to bed pretty quickly, so I decided to go ahead and stay up and do some Yoga. I was ready!
15 minutes into the workout and I hear a bedroom door open. It was K wanting to know what I was doing. I know he didn't hear me because I could barely hear the lady myself. I'm not sure what happened, but he wanted me to lay with him, so I did. I couldn't pass that up. After that, I wasn't really in the mood to finish, so after he fell asleep I crawled back in my bed for about 30 minutes until he woke up again to let me know it was time to eat.
About 1:00 p.m., M decided to go work out at the gym and he took the kids with him. I was able to finish my first full Yoga session and it feels great, but I'm ready to go back to bed (again). I'm looking forward to continuing my journey to a better feeling me.

No comments: