Monday, December 28, 2009

Potty-Training

I got to do the "pee-pee dance" with L today! She peed on the potty 2 times. YEAH!!! Once in the morning, right after waking up, and once in the evening right before bed time. She kept a diaper on the rest of the day b/c I was running errands. I didn't realize she had used the bathroom this morning until later, but I was in the bathroom the second time when she went, so I got to celebrate with her.
I found a couple of books that she likes and I sit on the floor and read to her while she sits on the potty. Tomorrow we are going to start full on potty training by using the bare bottom approach. You know, where they don't wear anything except a long shirt so they're not flashing or exposing any private parts. I let her wear panties and pull-ups around the house the other day, but she thought they were too much like diapers and treated them like such.
I'm sure there are going to be plenty of messes to clean up around the house, but I'm hoping it works. We did it with K, but was able to let him play outside b/c we had a fenced back yard. For the most part it did work with him, but once we put him in pull-ups for outings, he started having accidents because he knew he could potty in diapers and pull-ups are like diapers. Since we have tile floor in most of our house, cleaning should be pretty easy. It would be so nice to have her trained before the new baby arrives. Wish us luck!

No comments: