Thursday, December 31, 2009

The New Year

I know! I know! I still need to post pics from Christmas and I will. Hopefully I can get to it today, but it all depends on if I take a nap when the kids do. I didn't get too much solid sleep last night and am desiring a nap, so just be patient.

With the upcoming New Year, lots of resolutions will be broken, lots of habits will be formed, and lots of changes and new adventures await.

I'm really looking forward to the busyness of the upcoming new year. Mike is going on a hunt a few days into the new year and has a week long elk hunt planned for September as well as at least one or two bow tournaments that he will participate in.

My brother and a few cousins are organizing a 92nd birthday party for my grandfather in Austin. Mike will be working, so I might be taking the 6 hour trip by myself with the two kids. That should be fun. There are going to be relatives that I haven't seen since K was crawling and some that I'm sure I've never met. Hopefully those that don't get to make it will be able to attend my cousin's wedding in August. I'm looking forward to it as well as I know she's going to be a beautiful bride.

We will be welcoming a new blessing into our family. I'd be really surprised if this baby isn't bigger than my other two were. Although I haven't gained as much weight, this baby seems to take up a lot more room than the other two did. Of course, I'm not eating as many pizzas or chocolate as I did with my other two either. That might make a difference. :-) With the newest blessing arriving, sleeping arrangements will be altered and L will start sleeping in a "real" bed since we'll need the crib for the baby.

Then, there's potty training. L is going to be 2 this year and with that, she will stop using diapers at some point. K will "officially" start kindergarten (according to his age).

I can't forget vacations! We are going on a cruise in May and will return on my 31st birthday. At some point, we are planning on taking the kids on their first plane trip (they don't know it yet), and we are also going on another vacation toward the end of the summer/fall if all goes as planned. Oh, and I can't forget our newest annual tradition of camping with my family in the Ozarks.

Of course, we will keep K in gymnastics, but I'm also considering putting him in baseball/t-ball, depending on what is available for his age. I thought about soccer, but would really like to wait until it becomes more than just running around on the field. Does anyone know what age actual training/teaching starts? K just informed me he'd rather do baseball because it's easier. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a league that isn't too time consuming or isn't run by the parents.

Oh yeah, and we're going to finish remodeling our house and maybe start house plans for when we build in the next couple of years.

2010 is guaranteed to be full of life, adventure, and love. With all the great things that it will bring, I also know there will be unexpected trials and tribulations that I can only pray that I will fully depend on God to get me through and make me stronger and better.

Here's to the New Year and ALL is has to offer. God Bless!

No comments: