Saturday, February 14, 2009

K's Prayer

K and I have a running joke about him growing up. Every time I notice he can reach something new, I tell him he has to stop doing that. He looks at me, grins that wonderful grin, and says, "I can't. I'm going to keep doing it." What he's referring to is growing up. My little boy is growing up so fast. It's hard to believe that he's almost 4.

Anyway, today while he was getting out of the bath, I told him he needed to stop doing that (getting bigger). He looked at me, grinned that wonderful grin, and said he needed to get bigger so he could be a daddy. To which I replied, "you need to be a husband first because that's the way God intended for it to be." We then had a very short conversations about husbands and wives. It was a really cute, but short conversation. He then asked me who his wife was going to be. I told him that only God knew because He already had her picked out. Looking up, he then prayed this precious prayer, "Dear God, who is my wife going to be?" *grin* He looked at me and said her name was Sarah.

No comments: