Saturday, February 21, 2009

Family Night

We started a new tradition in the house. On Friday nights, we have Family Night. During this time, no one is allowed to talk on the phone or play on the computer. It is a time set apart to spend with family to get to know one another better, to have fun together, and to bond. We've only been doing it for a month now and it's usually after baby L goes to bed, but so far, we have played the new Monopoly a couple of times, a geography game, and recently, we played video games in the home theater. Now, every time I go somewhere I look to see what games they have that we can play as a family. It's bringing back a lot of memories from when I was younger and used to play board games and card games with my mom and friends.

Since we had our homeschool Science Fair last Friday night, Family Night was moved to Saturday, but it was fun. K stayed up a little later and beat us all. For someone who doesn't ever get a chance to play video games, he did really good. If I thought playing video games were a healthy hobby, I would let him play more, but that's one hobby I don't want him to get addicted to. I like the fact that he still enjoys playing outside and would rather be outside than inside. That's another topic for another day.

No comments: