Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Boys & Their Toys

A friend of ours dropped this off to us yesterday. K is so excited about being able to ride it when it's painted, has an engine, and it can go. Today, he told me, "Momma, I got a job for you" as he walked out of the kitchen expecting me to follow him. I couldn't help but smile as I said, "O.K." and followed him to see what he wanted me to do. When we got outside he told me he wanted me to connect the wire from the gas pedal to the tire so he could go. I explained to him the wire was supposed to be connected to the engine, which he knows it doesn't have before he could drive it anywhere. He said in his best manners, "well, when it gets an engine, than I will connect it to the engine so it can go." I can't help but marvel at what appears to be my little boy growing up. It was definitely a proud mommy moment.

Now, K is outside picking flowers for everyone. He really does have such a giving heart. As he gave Courtney her flower he told her to make sure it didn't die, as the one from yesterday did. :-)

No comments: