Thursday, March 11, 2010

12 Days Left

I had my 38 week appointment today and everything went good. Although, I'm still dilated to a 1, the baby is lower than it was last week and my cervix has actually started to drop and is softening. The doctor even did the wonderful "stripping of the membrane" to help speed things along. Of course, it didn't help with my other two, but again, this pregnancy is SO different than the other two were that there is NO telling what will happen. Since I'm not confident that I will go into labor early or on my own without passing my due date, we scheduled an induction for March 23, the day before I'm actually due. I would love to go into labor on my own and wouldn't even mind having it past the due date (like in April so I can have 3 April babies), but I decided to work it around my husband's schedule so he can be there without having to take a day off. Due to the fact that we are inducing during the week, this will be the first time my mom won't be in the delivery room with me. She's such a great support and encourager. I'm going to miss having her there, but will savor the moments of it just being me and my husband as we will be the first two (aside from the Dr. and nurses) to know the gender of the baby.

No comments: