Monday, February 8, 2010

6 Weeks To Go!

Providing God has the same schedule in mind as the doctors, I only have 6 weeks left until I get to hold our newest blessing and introduce him/her to his/her brother and sister and to the rest of the world. As the date approaches, I find myself getting a little more anxious and more excited. It seems as though there is SO much more to do to prepare for this one than there was with the other two. Although I have a feeling of what K and L's sibling is going to be, I don't have as much confidence as I did with K and L. Whether we have a boy or a girl, I won't be disappointed, although one gender in particular would be more convenient than the other, but I don't think God is too concerned about my convenience, but more about His plan. I love that God is taking care of that for me and for our family.

With only 6 weeks (or less) left here's a list of what I need to do before the baby is born as well as shortly thereafter.

Already Done:
* bags are packed (for baby)
* bedding or L is picked out for either room
* bedding for baby (if it's a boy) has been picked out
* pack-n-play is set up

Before Baby:
* sanitize baby bottles - DONE!
* prime the bunk beds so we can repaint them to match K's room - DONE! - now just need to paint
* find and order L a backpack
* order sling - DONE!
* put car seat cover on car seat & hide car seat from L (she thinks it's hers) - DONE!
* start cooking and freezing meals - got 2 meals done

After Baby:
* order bedding for the baby (if it's a boy)
* order bedding for L, no matter the gender of the newest addition
* reorganize closets and dressers (depending on where the baby is going to sleep (will be based on gender)
* buy gauze (have some already) and vaseline (if it's a boy)
* decide on first meal while in hospital

No comments: