Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's So Different!

With only 5 weeks left (or less) until we get to meet the newest member of our family, I find myself getting giddy with anticipation and excitement. I'm really looking forward to holding a new baby and seeing how L interacts with him/her. I know K is going to do great because he's already a great big brother and he is already insisting that the baby sleeps in his room with him. He wanted to share his bed with him, but when I told him why he wouldn't be able to, he was O.K. with it, but still wants the crib in his room. L is already so nurturing (when she wants to be). She is very much a mother hen. She has changed diapers on almost everyone of her dolls and rocks and hushes them to sleep almost every night. It's so cute watching her walking around with them in her arms as she rocks them.
I've mentioned once before that I really don't like comparing our kids because I know they are both unique and since they were created by God, they both have the personality and charm they are supposed to have. With that being said, I don't want to compare kids, but pregnancies. Since we chose not to find out what the gender of our newest blessing is until his/her birthday, I've had several people ask me if the pregnancy feels more like my first one that was a boy or my second one that was girl. My only response is that it doesn't compare. AT ALL! I've heard that every pregnancy can and is different, but this is COMPLETELY different.
With my first two pregnancies my hormones were very in tune with the gender that I was having. With this one, I just get moody when I eat a lot of chocolate.
Although my weight gain has caught up with the other two, I feel as though and have been told that I'm smaller with this one that I was with the others. In regards to how I'm carrying, I carried L so high that the nurse literally had to push her out of my ribs during delivery. With this one, I can almost feel the baby sitting on my pelvis waiting for it's time to pass through the birth canal. This baby is LOW! I do understand that everything is stretched out, but this baby is really LOW!
I am blessed that I did NOT get sick with this one like I did the other two. I got bronchitis so bad with L that I practically stayed in bed for 3 weeks at the beginning of the pregnancy. With this baby, I've had a few allergic reactions to some things, but nothing I wasn't able to figure out and fix.
My cravings are different too. With K, I craved fruit. With L, I craved chocolate. With this one, I haven't really had any cravings. I went through a very short stage that I craved salads, but that didn't last long. K still loves fruit and L really likes chocolate.
This baby doesn't seem to be as active as the other two were either and he/she twitches in their sleep occasionally. I told the Dr. it feels like it's boxing in my belly. It's the funniest feeling. I probably wouldn't have realized what it actually was doing until I held someone else's newborn the other day and he did it in his sleep. She said he also did it in the womb.
Even my hair growth has changed. I don't have to shave as often. With K, my hair growth stayed normal. With L, it increased and I even lost hair on my head and got a small bald spot after I had her. With this one, the hair growth on my legs has actually slowed down. I hope it stays that way. I kind of like not having to shave every day.
Contractions. I can't forget about those. With K, I think I felt one Braxton Hicks. With L, I started getting a few light ones toward the end. With this one, it happens often enough that K and L have been able to feel my belly get hard on several occasions.
I'm really looking forward to seeing if the pregnancy becomes a reflection of the baby's personality.

No comments: