Sunday, February 14, 2010

Growth Spurt

I just got K some new clothes and was really excited about him wearing them this summer. I bought the next size up giving him room to grow. Well, when I put one of his new shirts on him the other day, I realized he had grown. His torso was longer! His dad didn't really notice, but his shirts were significantly shorter on him than they had been. In order to make sure my eyes nor my imagination was deceiving me, I got my measuring tape out. Sure enough, he had grown and was taller. I wasn't sure the time frame in which it happened, so I pulled out his baby book and realized he had grown 3 inches in 18 months. No wonder his shirts were noticeably shorter. He is now 40 inches tall. Although he's still in the lower half of the percentile chart, my baby boy is getting bigger. I don't know if I'm ready to start buying clothes for him in the big boy section yet.

No comments: