Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ant Farm

We finally got some more pets, if you want to call them that. I sent off for our Harvester ants a couple of weeks ago and K and L have really enjoyed watching them tunnel. Getting ants in the mail was a lot easier than trying to catch them and not get bitten.
Ants are really low maintenance but have a short life expectancy. They only need to be fed a small piece of fruit and a couple of drops of water every 3-4 days.
As long as I keep them up on a shelf high enough where L can't reach them than there's no concern about them escaping. The other day I pulled the farm down so K could look at them with his magnifying glass and I forgot to put it back. It wasn't until L came running into the living room with the ant farm that I had realized what I had done. LOL! Luckily, she didn't drop the farm or open the lid.

Day 1Day 3

No comments: