Friday, July 9, 2010

A Typical Day

I know I haven't been too good about updating my blog, but like you, I've been crazy busy. Our MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) Coordinator moved and I am now co-coordinating it this year (my last since K is going to officially start K). I'm working with the President of our homeschool group preparing for our conference in two weeks. While the kids did VBS at our church, I volunteered and did 5th grade Activities. That was fun! The following week, K did VBS at a church closer to us and I was able to get back in the gym. That was nice! Then, while I helped with our church's Upward Cheer Camp, K participated in Upward Basketball Camp. He really enjoyed it! This week, K started swim lessons and although we missed one day because of the weather, he's already swimming under water and jumping off diving boards. He's not proficient enough to jump in without someone being close to him, but considering he was barely putting his head underwater before he started, I think he's come a long way. All he wants to do now is swim. He has one more week of lessons and then he'll have "parent" day on Friday so show us what he's learned. I have a feeling we're going to be at the pool a lot more now. I think we're going to get a week "off" and then K is going to go to Soccer Camp. The Friday of Soccer Camp is our homeschool conference, so that's going to be a fun filled day! I'm hoping we can start school after that, but I'm going to Orlando, FL at the beginning of August for MOPS and then going to San Antonio/Austin the following weekend for my cousin's wedding. It's going to be nice seeing everyone and introducing them to Teagan.

No comments: