Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Details

Today was quite a day. The kids let me sleep in until 7, which was really nice. When I went into the living room, K was playing on his Spanish game. I love the fact that he really has NO idea that he's learning. hehehe... it can be our secret for a little while longer. After he ate breakfast, I decided to try something a little different. While he did his math work, I played Mozart in the background. I think the kids enjoyed it some because at one point they acted as though they were the conductors of an orchestra. It was so cute!

L started and finished the day as a princess that she is. Now that she picks out her own clothes, she's really wearing out her princess dresses. While K did math and reading, L did some alphabet work. After that, they both drew pictures for me. They both did a really good job. I was impressed with both of them. Didn't she do a great job drawing me?

We had a first today. K actually told his sister to "Go to H*ll". Uh? What? He knew it was something he shouldn't have said. When I asked him where he heard it, he didn't want to tell me. He finally fessed up that it was from a fellow homeschool kid from church. Church of all places. Really? Well, we had a little talk and know he knows exactly what Hell is and what it's purpose is for. That's NOT something we say in our household to anyone EVER! He understood.

After all that excitement calmed down, I took a business call and then ran a business errand. Shortly after we got home, a friend came over to get some balloons that I thought I had. Fortunately, I realized we didn't have them before she got there and was able to go to the store to get some. I had offered to blow up some balloons for her while she cooked a special meal for her husband's birthday. She wasn't going to have time to do it and we both agreed that balloons help make a birthday and her kids would love it.

Needless to say, she left and decided to come back a couple of hours later. I was able to blow up enough balloons to fill one trash bag before my kids starting fighting over the bag of balloons. They got in trouble. The phone rang and then the doorbell rang. Our friends were here and the lady on the phone was wanting to book a party. Oh boy! As the kids nagged to come out of their room, I got off the phone as my friend patiently waited for everything to calm down so we could chat and hang out. The kids came out of their room and played for a bit while I was able to have a much needed adult conversation with my friend. As soon as she left, M drove up. We had sandwiches for dinner. Yum Yum! They all played for a bit, took a bath, and got ready for bed. Here it is now 10 p.m. and I'm trying to catch up on computer work and still need to finish my Bible Study. Now that I've typed out my day the question is... Did you really need to know all of those details?

No comments: