Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Great Day!

I posted something this morning in hopes of not needing to post anything again this evening, but it was such a great day that I just had to share the highlights with you.

For Christmas, K got a hunter's bow from his Granny Nee and great-great Uncles. We took it back because it was a right handed bow and he's left handed. After returning it, we realized K is right eye dominate, which is a bigger factor than him being left handed when shooting a bow. We went back to the store the day we took it back, but much to our dismay they wouldn't sell it back to us. M got online that day and ordered him another one. K has literally been counting down the days and when the UPS truck stopped at our house today, we had one excited little man. As soon as they opened the box K was outside practicing. He was actually pretty good and picked it up really quickly.
After we watched K shoot his new bow for a while, I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and work in our garden a little bit so I planted a grape plant and a raspberry bush. They're guaranteed to grow so I'm interested to see if I can be the one person that can't grow something that's guaranteed.
A little later while L was taking her bath, T decided to start crawling. At almost 9.5 months, he's finally getting around. He still gets mad if I leave the room because he can't keep up and so he doesn't even try, but when he's occupied in play, he crawls really well. Oh, and his first tooth is finally shining through. Although I can't feel it, I can see it. He doesn't do teething very well.

Later in the evening as I sat at my computer checking my e-mail I heard this scratching noise on my plastic dining room table. I thought my daughter was eating (her third dinner). I should have known better.
I'm really glad that we haven't found a nice dining room table yet. We might just wait until T is past this stage before we buy a nice one. Luckily it was washable markers so she was able to clean it up pretty easily.



be

No comments: