Thursday, January 13, 2011

M's godson

I wish I had something funny to post today, but unfortunately not. We got a text last night about 11 p.m. letting us know that M's 16 year old godson had died in a car wreck that evening. Apparently he was speeding in his mom's car when he lost control, went into a ditch, flipped a couple of times, and then hit a tree. He died immediately. The 15 year old passenger was taken to the hospital and was put on life support. The doctors are optimistic about his recovery.
My heart goes out to their families. Michael was a handsome young man that loved life. He had a wonderful spirit and a great sense of humor. He seemed to get a long great with everyone. We didn't get to spend much time with him, but that didn't lessen our love for them. They were one of the first families I got to meet when my husband and I started dating. The boy's dad and M are childhood friends, so the connection is really strong. We will continue to pray for them as they learn to endure a new way of life based on memories. I pray they hold them close as they learn a new way of life.

No comments: