Thursday, November 12, 2009

Not Afraid of Work



I love the fact that my son, at 4 years of age, is not afraid of work or physical labor. The other day before church he told me he wanted to rake the leaves when we got home. I told him that was fine, but I knew we didn't have a large yard rake. When we got home from church, the first thing he asked me was if we could go rake the leaves. Since all we had was a garden rake, we borrowed one from one of our neighbors. I told our neighbor that I didn't think we'd be using it very long, but I was wrong. I know we had to have been out there for about an hour or more. As the pile of leaves grew and the random leaves in the yard started disappearing, K then asked me if he could jump in the leaves yet. Here I thought he was just wanting to clean the yard. I should have known there were ulterior motives. He did a great job and worked really hard to get the leaves high enough for him to play in them.

Here's a picture of him digging in an area where we just pulled a tree from. I think he's trying to see how big of a hole he can dig while he evens out the dirt. I'm not sure, but I know he enjoys digging holes and the shovel is the perfect size for him.

No comments: