Sunday, November 22, 2009

Although They're Siblings.....

Although my children look so much alike, their personalities are so different. They are both fearfully and wonderfully made, but....

~L eats ALL the time, while K only eats when he HAS to.
~L likes to wear shoes all day, while K only wears them when we're going somewhere and is quick to take them off when he gets home.
~L wakes up with a smile and is ready to go, while K needs to sit in my lap for a minute or two before he's ready to do anything.
~L loves it when new people walk in a room, while K likes to hide by me until he "warms" up to them.
~L loves playing outside, getting dirty, and splashing in water puddles. K was 2 years old before he would get his hands dirty. (We had to teach him that is was O.K. and he still stays pretty clean when he plays outside).
~K likes catching bugs, snakes, and lizards (although he won't touch them), while L has freaked out over a leaf before b/c she thought it was a big bug.
~K has always enjoyed playing with trucks, cars, and planes, while L enjoys playing with dolls, strollers, and purses.
~K likes wearing socks to bed, L doesn't like wearing socks unless she's wearing shoes.

Although their personalities are different in so many more ways, I try my best not to compare anything outside of what I would call a "quirk". It doesn't matter to me which one is going to be better at math, love reading more, or go to college. Despite any intellectual differences they might end up having, I would never compare them on that level. What matters the most is that I nourish them, cherish them, and teach them to love the Lord to the best of my ability so that when they are grown, they will be able to glorify Him in the things they do and say.

I'm looking forward to any new "quirks" their sibling might have or develop as they get older.


No comments: