Monday, November 23, 2009

K's Christmas List

K asked me to help him write his Christmas list. As he told me what he wanted, I sounded the words out and occasionally helped him with a letter or two. He told me he wanted animals. When I asked him if he wanted to write animals or put specific ones, here's what he came up with:

1. Giraffe (He ran out of room, so ffe are above gira)
2. Monkey
3. Elephant (on top)
4. Kangaroo (on side)
When he ran out of room, he flipped the page over and wrote this:

Did you notice that it said dinosaur? Lucky for us, he said he wanted plastic ones, not real ones.

This time I gave him refrigerator magnets to look at so he could write the letters correctly. Although he's been able to write all of his uppercase letters correctly for at least a year or two, we've really started working on the lowercase ones more. What was really cute was when he wrote the capital D, he said it looked like a moon (a half moon).

1 comment:

kw said...

Love, love, love it! I love how you used the magnet letters, too.

I got our letter tiles here:

http://www.all-about-spelling.com/letter-tiles-spelling-order.html

I love All About Spelling and will be doing a review soon about it...their letter tiles are the best I've seen and slide very easily on a service without a magnet. We use the magnetic dry erase board with ours.