Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bye-Bye Paci

I cut a hole in the tip of L's pacifier today and she didn't like it anymore, so she threw it away. Tonight is her first night to sleep without it. She cried for less than 10 minutes before all was quiet. I hope this was just something I should have done a long time ago, but just avoided and it's going to go easier than I expect, but we'll see. Here's hoping for a good night sleep for both of us.

Day 1
Last night went really well. L only woke up once at 12:30 a.m. Of course, she cried frantically for about 10 minutes because I think she thought she lost her pacifier, but M soothed her to sleep and she slept soundly the rest of the night. At least I think she did; I had the monitored turned off, so I can't say with absolute certainty. So, the night went fairly well. Today on the other hand, not going as well. She's been cranky for the entire 1.5 hours she's been awaking. She's asked me to move her bed from the wall 3 times in search of her missing pacifier. Poor thing forgot that she threw it away yesterday.

Day 1 - Nap
Too bad nap time without her pacifier wasn't as easy as bedtime last night. I stayed strong and she finally fell asleep, but I think she threw everything (blankets, pillow, and doll) out of bed during her tantrum before doing so. Well, she finally fell asleep and sleep for about 1.5 hours, not as long as usual, but at least she finally fell asleep.

Night 2
Went Great! The mornings start off a little fussy because she wakes up looking for her pacifier, forgetting that she didn't go to bed with it. It's amazing just how short their memories are. It's for this reason that I don't worry about her crying when she misses it; I know it will soon be forgotten and she will venture off to find another distraction.

1 comment:

The Fruge's said...

Wow, sounds fun! Good thing Kylee's not a pacifier baby. The bad thing is we'll be fighting to get her to quit sucking her fingers!!! I hope your battle goes better than I know mine will!!! We miss you guys...we need to get together soon! Maybe when we become rich :)