Saturday, July 4, 2009

Beauty of God's

K is such a blessing, just as all children all, but as of lately, we've been having a difficult time with him. I've heard from several people that 3s are harder than 2s, but something happens at 4 and they usually become a kinder, gentler child. Well, that wasn't the case for us. 4s were about to drive me nuts, almost to the point of tears. There was one day that I called M crying b/c I had no idea how to handle him or what to do. He was having a fit of rage with the whole pinching, scratching, screaming, yelling, "I don't like you", and "You're Mean" comments. I was beside myself. After weeks of praying and talking to M, I decided to try to cut sugar and sweets from his diet and MAKE SURE he was always well fed. Guess what??? I realized K might be hypoglycemic and he might not be able to control the anger fits, but that I could. Now, the only time he has fits or really gets angry is when he hasn't eaten a good meal or he has too much sugar and not enough protein. Being patient and waiting for the answer is so rewarding. There's nothing like having my sweet and thoughtful son back. It's days like the one below, where he comes inside to give me a "surprise", a flower, another beauty of God's given to me from a gift from God.

I love my family and the daily surprises and reminders of love they give.

No comments: