Monday, July 20, 2009

A Day Worth Sharing

Although today didn't start off too good, it started early and had some great highlights I wanted to share. I refuse to take my children anywhere when they are being disobedient and disrespectful at home, no matter how inconvenient it is (at the moment), therefore we finally went to the grocery store 2 hours after I decided to go.

K did pretty good while we were in the store. He was very respectful and obedient once I made him eat some egg whites and chicken nuggets. Gotta have that protein!

After we left the store, we went home and found M still sleeping. He's been working 16 hour days and doesn't get home until a.m. hours. So, when he wakes up at noon, it's not because he's lazy, but b/c he's been working hard. Shortly after we got home, he woke up and we were able to hang out as a family for a little bit. It was nice.

About an hour or so later, he left and the rest of us watched a movie in the home theater. Well, L and I mostly hung out in the living room until her nap, but K and Victoria watched a movie.

A few hours later, we got ready and ran some errands before going to a birthday party. I have to say it was one of the best birthday parties I've been to. Thanks Antoinette! As soon as we got there K asked to change into his swimsuit, put his life jacket and goggles on, and jumped in. NO hesitation! That is huge, especially since he did it without me having to get in the pool with him. L was just as excited. I ended up chasing her around the pool almost the whole night. That girl loves water. She would hang on to the side and let her bottom and legs get wet, and then when she realized she couldn't touch, she would crawl back out. AMAZING! I was hoping she would let go at least once so she would get a little fear of the water, but that didn't happen. The only time she really went under was when she was playing on the steps. I reacted too fast though. As soon as she went under, I grabbed her and stood her up. She got out of the pool, but got right back in. They had a GREAT time!

The best part of the party wasn't watching my two little ones grow up a little more and become a little more independent. As proud as that made me, it was the new friend that Victoria made that made my heart smile the biggest. She was a little reluctant to talk to her at first. I think I did most of the talking, but when I had to chase after L, luckily Vanessa, a fellow homeschooler, started doing the talking. Victoria was very reserved at first and Vanessa actually walked away at one point thinking Victoria wasn't really interested in talking to her. Lucky for Victoria, Vanessa has a very smart mom that encouraged her to try again. Vanessa tried again and the two were together for the next 2.5 hours. On the way home, Victoria told me that she had shared some very personal things with Vanessa and that Vanessa prayed for her. When I asked her how it made her feel, she said, "Good." Finally, a friend that Victoria has outside of my friends' kids that she has something in common with and will be a good example.

No comments: