Monday, January 4, 2010

Our Big Helpers

M and I have truly been blessed to have such wonderfully serving children. Both of our kids enjoy helping whenever they can. In addition to the pictures below, K cleaned the baseboards and the mirror in his bathroom, helped load the wash machine, and cleaned up his sister's accident in the kitchen the other day without me having to ask. I did suggest he do the baseboards, but as soon as he saw me get the Windex out for the mirrors and the Lysol out to clean L's "accident", he quickly asked if he could do it. I don't like to discourage helping in any way, so I cleaned up the pee and he sprayed the area that needing cleaning for me.

He's also a big help with L's potty training. The other day, he brought her some toys to play with while she was sitting on the potty and he even showed her how he gets to flush when he's done going on the potty. He's such a big boy. I caught him washing L's hair a couple of times too. I had stepped out of the bathroom for a minute while they were bathing and when I came back I saw L letting K wash her hair. I quickly ran to get the camera, but naturally I was too late. I think one of the cutest thing he does to help his sister is when she's trying to get on one of the beds and he tries to help her by pushing her from behind. The funny thing is that she almost weighs as much as he does. Here's a picture of K helping paint the garage.

L putting lids and sippy cups in the bottom drawer.L helping me put dishes away. I always put the cutting knives away before she starts helping so I don't have to worry about her grabbing one.

*Notice K in the back trying to get her hair in the plane. Fortunately for everyone, he was unsuccessful.

No comments: