Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

My brother had a wonderful idea to throw my dad a surprise 60th birthday party. Unfortunately, M had to work and wasn't able to be there. Although he wasn't able to stay for the party on Saturday, he found a van for me in Dallas, which is only 2 hours from my mom's. So, we all loaded up in his little truck (the only vehicle we fit in) and we drove 7 hours to Dallas to check out this van that we hoped was in as good as shape as it looked. If it wasn't we were going to have to figure a way to get M back home (5 hours from my parents) by Friday night so he could go to work and still attend my dad's party on Saturday.


Lucky for us, the van was exactly what the guy said it was, we purchased it, and drove it on to my parent's house. The 6 of us, baby included, spent a total of 10 hours driving/riding. I have to say, all the kids did really well to be that cooped up for that long.


I can't believe I own a van. It seems so... I don't know.. I can't say soccer mom, because I like that title. I can't say "momish" because I LOVE that title... I don't guess I really knew what to expect. Everyone that I know absolutely loves their van and I have to say that I understand why. It really is nice to be able to fit the entire family into one vehicle and still have room for someone else.


HAPPY MOTHER's DAY! My husband is so good to me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was 20 when we purchased our van, and I thought, "I am too young to have a van!" Ha! But, it is so nice to have something that fits us all comfortably, and.. for now.. has room for extras.