Friday, May 15, 2009

It's about...

I found this post that I posted last year on another blog, right after I had my daughter and I thought I would post it here. Although I no longer have to deal with 2 a.m. feedings, my feelings and thoughts are the same.

As I lay in bed trying to go to sleep, I can't help but think about the importance of life and the little things we, I, tend to take for granted. Life is more than diets and exercise. It's more than always knowing the right answer at the right time. It's more than going to bed on time, the dishes always being done, the living room always clear of toys, and the laundry always clean. It is definitely not about being someone you're not in order to impress or please someone else.
It's about having an appreciation for the things you truly love and enjoying things you are passionate about. It's about being able to say no to things that really don't matter and won't have a lasting effect on you or someone else. Life is about having hope and being able to give it to others.

To me, it is about wiping away my son's tears and holding him when he cries because he is hurt. To me, it is about changing my daughter's diapers or feeding her at 2 or 4 am if she needs it, because it means I'm taking care of a child God created and gave to me to take care of. To me, it is about making sure I truly am my husband's helper, not only because that's what God commands, but because he works hard for our family for me to be able to stay home with our children. It's about having a loving relationship with Jesus Christ so that I walk with Him constantly in all the things I do and not just when I need His help.

To give up hope is to give up on God. "Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." Philippians 3:8

What does life mean to you? What are some of the "little things" that you once enjoyed but somehow seem to overlook these days

2 comments:

Unknown said...

N,
I love your post. It is SO easy to get bogged down in all of those little things....(esp for me since I am task oriented.) That is where I find my worth sometimes....how much I accomplish. But that isn't really important. What is so much more important is that my kids and my husband and others see Christ in me. I only pray that they do. Because I know how imperfect i am and how much i mess up sometime in my witness...but I KNOW that God is in the business of using imperfect people. And I am grateful for that truth!
Love ya,
J

Unknown said...

that is from Jill....not Jason lol.
guess his name showed up because our google acct is under him.