Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Early Childhood Education

As some of you know, K loves puzzles. He's been doing 100 piece puzzles for about a year now and one of his favorites is his U.S. puzzle. Although he can do the puzzle by himself, I tend to always sit across from him and help him because his interest lasts longer if I'm there. While we're putting the states together, I point out where we live, his grandparents live, and where his grandpa might be hunting. Needless to say, he's become very familiar with Louisiana and the orange state of Texas (that the color of it on the map).

Well, K, L, Courtney, and I went to the local gym today to go swimming and the cutest thing happened and I just wanted to share. As the 4 of us were in the pool, two young guys (probably in their 20s) came in to swim. They took off their shirts, got in the water, and started doing laps. After they finished, one of the guys got out and K shouted out, "Mommy, we live on his back". Well, I didn't have my glasses on so I wasn't able to focus on what he was seeing, but Courtney had already mentioned that one of the guys had Louisiana tattooed on his back. I was proud of the fact that he actually knew what Louisiana looks like and didn't just remember the location of it from the map.

No comments: