Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

We don't really partake in April Fool's jokes around the house, but I have to share one of the funniest pranks that I wish I would have thought of. A few years ago, M heard about a high risk low investment that could happen in the future. Being that it was low investment, like Yahoo! stocks once were, we decided to take the leap of faith and venture out. Why not? We figured we really didn't have too much to lose.
Well, last night we got some information that our venture might be turning into capital gains in the very near future. Although I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch, I did share the rumors with those that ventured out with us so long ago. Needless to say, they got excited just as M and I did when we heard about the possibility of what might happen. It wasn't too long after, that almost everyone that we had told started calling back and asking us if we were pulling an April Fool's joke on them. I couldn't help but laugh out loud, because it NEVER dawned on me to do it and it would have been such a great one.
Imagine buying Yahoo! stock before anyone knew what Yahoo! was, the stock soaring and then someone telling you about your instant wealth on April Fool's Day.... Really, what would you think?
I don't know that this venture will pan out, but in the mean time it sure is fun to think of all the possibilities.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! That would be a cruel joke!