Friday, March 13, 2009

Hawaii - Day 2


Today was our first full day on O'ahu. We had drive to the infamous North Shore to see the Bonzai Pipeline and try to get some surfing in. Along the way, we stopped at several scenic points and many beaches. The scenery was amazing. After a few hours, we finally got to the North Shore only to see red flags because the current was too strong. We walked around a little, but only got our feet wet. We didn't surf.

On our drive back to our hotel, we stopped at a local park to hike to a waterfall. On our hike to the waterfall, it started raining. Since I didn't have an umbrella, I found the next best solution, an over sized leaf that had fallen off a tree.... it was already dying so no harm was done to the environment. M was a little embarrassed. Not only did I stay dry, but I got a few smiles, comments, and laughs along the way.
* Someone has watched Survivor one too many times
* Great idea!
* Love the umbrella
* Good thinking
* Way to be resourceful
* Now that's thinking
* Are you a native
* Swap with you (they had an actual umbrella and we didn't swap)
* There was actually only one lady that tried not to laugh, but didn't succeed... that was funny!

The waterfall was one of the smaller ones we say during our trip, but it was still pretty. If the water had been warm enough and it wasn't raining, we definitely would have gone swimming.

Once we got back to the hotel, about 4 p.m., M and I took a little nap. Well, I took a little nap, he ended up sleeping until the next morning. When I woke up from my nap, I did a little shopping. When I got back from shopping, M told me had been sick, apparently he got car sick from all the swerves and mountains.

Here are a few pics of the scenery along to the way to the North Shore from Waikiki. If you look at the last two pics of the trees, you'll notice something quite different and what we thought was really neat. The last tree is a rainbow of beautiful colors and the next to last tree appears to be a lot of trees that combine to make one huge tree; those trees were everywhere....

No comments: